Ottawa, ON – Introducing the first Capital Accessibility Summit in Ottawa, Ontario. Seasoned professionals and newcomers to the accessibility industry are invited to attend NetCentric’s first annual Capital Accessibility Summit. Discussions and information sessions will cover accessibility standards in Ontario and Canada, document and web accessibility solutions and best practices, and why accessibility should be a standard in every office. Our goal is to further awareness for business, government and educational entities alike. The day will focus on:
- PDF / UA Standards
- WCAG 2.0AA
- AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act)
- Electronic Document Accessibility
- Networking event with accessibility advocates, specialists and enthusiasts
Friday, December 6th, 2013
9:00am through 4:00pm EST
123 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5L9
The event is free to registrants, but limited. Reserve your spot as soon as possible!
Please contact Kristina McBane for registration and more information.
Connect with Kristina on LinkedIn!
Schedule of Events
9:00am Intro and Registration
9:30am Session 1
10:45am Session 2
11:45am Lunch Break (Lunch not provided)
1:00pm Session 3
2:15pm Session 4
3:15pm Networking Reception
- Ferass ElRayes – NetCentric Technologies’ Chief Technology Officer and PDF/UA advisor, Ferass Elrayes will be a featured speaker at the Capital Accessibility Summit. With over a decade of focus on accessibility, Ferass Elrayes leads software development for NetCentric Technologies and represents Canada at ISO TC in development of ISO accessibility standards.
- David Berman – Since 1984, David Berman has worked to establish a code of ethics which embraces social responsibility for certified graphic designers throughout Canada and has served the ISO standards committee on signage. He is currently a member of the committee for Accessible PDF (PDF/UA) and an advocate for accessible design across all informational platforms. Read more about David Berman at DavidBerman.com
Return to News and Events