Ready for AB-434?
AB-434 Accessibility Regulations Demand Compliance
- It’s not that all of a sudden your content has to be accessible – it should have been accessible for years now!
- This includes the webpages and PDFs
- July 1, 2019 (and biennially)
- Agency directors/ CIOs need to post certification of accessibility
- WCAG 2.0AA (or later)
- For more information:
(AB 434 Toolkit) https://www.dor.ca.gov/
Multi-Phase Document Accessibility Plan
Phase 1: Review and Assess
Phase 2: Strategize and Plan
Phase 3: Implement
Phase 4: Expand Program
Phase 5: Monitor and Report
Should you do it yourself or outsource it?
- Document holdings are known
- You have time (by July?)
- You understand the WCAG
- You know and can use the tools
If you answered no to any of the items above, you need help from a partner that can fill those gaps.
Outsource AB-434 with CommonLook
- To discover documents and then test them, if their locations are unknown
- If you need to assess large volumes of documents even if number and location of PDFs are known
- Your organization’s time, expertise, knowledge of software and/or standards is lacking