The Checkpoint Preference tab allows the user to customize the behavior of each checkpoint. Preferences can be accessed through the Checkpoint Preferences tab within the CommonLook Office Panel.
This preference setting determines how CommonLook Office will process the checkpoint. These settings persist until changed; they are not particular to the open document. Available options include:
- OnlyIfApplicable – CommonLook Office stops at this checkpoint only if it identifies content applicable to the checkpoint.
- AlwaysStop – CommonLook Office will always stop at this checkpoint regardless of whether it is applicable to the current document. This can be useful for training or educational purposes but has few other practical applications.
- AlwaysSkip – CommonLook Office will always skip this checkpoint. This can be useful when streamlining your workflow, for example, if you know certain checkpoints have already been passed.
This setting allows the user to customize the alternative text quality in CommonLook Office GlobalAccess for non-text content (images, charts, etc.). In the default installation, a warning is generated using the following conditions:
- CommonLook Office detects the use of a file-name in alternative text.
- CommonLook Office detects alternative text of less than three words.
If you understand regular expressions or can request others to produce regular expressions according to your own specifications, you can easily customize these preferences using Advanced Options.
Advanced Options for Validation
The Validation preference setting consists of a sequence of regular expressions delimited by (***). If a figure’s alternative text matches any of these regular expressions, the user receives a warning about the quality of the alternative text.
You may develop your own regular expressions and update the value of this preference setting accordingly. The following regular expressions are installed with CommonLook Office in the following string:
These expressions are:
Detects the use of a file name as alternative text.
Detects alternative text of less than three words.
To set the preferences for a group of checkpoints, select the parent node in the Checkpoints Tab and click on the Preferences tab. You will only be able to configure preferences for options common to the selected group of checkpoints.