CommonLook Office Update News
Release Date: 3/3/2019
- Adding Update functionality allowing users to update to the latest version of CommonLook Office:
- Update notification is available to all users.
- Downloading/Installing is available to subscription, trial and concurrent user licenses.
- Users may enable/disable checking for updates automatically from CommonLook Office Preferences.
- Users may manually check for updates using the Check for Updates button on the CommonLook Office ribbon.
- Resolved an incorrect behavior for Subscription/ trial keys expiring when opening CommonLook Office after multiple uninstalling /reinstalling.
- Resolved an issue where Header artifacts are marked as Artifacts without specifying the Header subtype.
- Resolved an issue where Reference tags are created even for external links.
Release Date: 1/15/2019
- Changed labels in Data Table checkpoints as follows:
- Invalid Number of column header rows: Change to: Invalid Number of rows that contain column headers.
- Invalid Number of row header columns: Change to: Invalid Number of columns that contain row headers.
- Add-in is not signed causing it not to be loaded when the policy is not to load unsigned, untrusted add-ins.
- Incorrect artifacting of table content in certain scenarios.
- Empty figures issue under certain scenarios.
- Issues highlighting images in alternative text checkpoints.
- Content moved from page to page in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect Table tagging in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect bounding box calculation issue.
- Incorrect Paragraph tagging order in certain scenarios.
- Application could not identify header/footer structure in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect tagging for Reference tag in certain scenarios.
- Placement attribute incorrect settings for Figure tags if it’s not in line with text.
- Placement attribute incorrect settings for Note tag.
- Alternative text issue for Link tags.
- Incorrect handling for Images with Links.
- Incorrect tagging for table tag inside Paragraph tag under a certain scenario.
- Resolved “Unsupported feature” issue in certain cases.
- Issues in selecting tables type in Data Table checkpoint.
- Incorrect linked headers assignment for tables in certain scenarios.
- Missing background color in a certain scenario.
- Incorrect tagging of headings in a certain scenario.
- Incorrect headings style for a specific file.
- Reader issues for Navigation links checkpoint.
- Incorrect table caption tagging.
- Incorrect tag IDs generated.
- Incorrect help navigation for Data Tables checkpoint.
- Incorrect cells span values assigned in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect Form tagging in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect physical view rendering in certain scenarios.
- Incorrect text artifact issue.
- Empty Paragraph tagging for a specific file.
- Missing alternative text for Links inside TOC tag in certain scenarios.
Enhancements / changes:
- Changed standards captions in select standard message box.
- Added cancel button to cancel standard message and abort opening CommonLook Office plug-in.
- Changed message order after generating pdf.
- Error while saving report.
- Graphical issue after generating PDF for specific file.
- Highlighting ActiveX controls issue.
- Standards message graphical issue.
- Alternative text inappropriate behavior in application.
- Screen reader issue while using Color checkpoint in standards.
- Figures tagging issue.
- Forms tagging issue.
- List tagging issue.
- Tables not generate properly in specific files.
- Exception thrown while opening CommonLook Office for specific files.
- Improved the format of concurrent licensing option in setup and made it consistent with Commonlook PDF.
- Table of contents missing annotations in certain scenarios.
- Issues in tagging Reference tag.
- Issues in tagging Lists
- Issues in tagging Figures
- Screen Reader mode switching between enabled / disabled randomly.
- Issue in saving the report.
Enhancements / changes:
- Added support for Subscription model.
- Added Days remaining for the License on the About window.
- Days remaining License message will only show up when the License has 7 days left or less.
- Crashes when generating certain files.
- Formula checkbox incorrect behavior.
- Linked headers
- Activation message incorrect notification behavior when user tries to activate new key.
- Incorrect tag order issues after generating PDF on PowerPoint.
- Support generating from SharePoint folders.
- Microsoft Word & PowerPoint tagging order issues.
- Crashes while generating specific files.
- Bookmarks issues.
- Metadata issues.
- Alternative text issues.
- Form tagging issues.
- Formula tagging issues.
- Caption inside table issues.
- Text inside Link tag issues.
- Figure tagging issues.
- Tagging issues for specific files.
- Concurrent License key issues.
- Calculating BBox Failed on some files.
- Incorrect “Unsupported feature” error for specific files.
- Other minor issues.
CommonLook Office – New Features
- Full support for Section 508, WCAG 2.0 AA, PDF/UA and HHS including:
- Alternative Description for Links through the Alt attribute for the Link tag (WCAG 2.0) and the Contents attribute (PDF/UA)
- Detecting/fixing Broken Links (HHS).
- Specifying Alt or Actual text for Figures (All standards).
- Support for Vertical/Horizontal linearization of presentation table (All standards).
- Support for specifying the Summary attribute for tables.
- Improved support for table Captions.
- Automatically generate linked headers for Complex tables (HHS)
- Detecting/fixing table cell content spanning multiple pages (HHS).
- Detecting/fixing table headers not repeating on all pages (HHS).
- Detecting/setting document language and changes in language.
- Automatically detecting/setting the ListNumbering attribute.
- Fully accessible Graphical User Interface.
- Support for CommonLook GlobalAccess new cloud license server.
- Improved performance.
- Fixed bugs related to layout, colors and tag order.
Release 1.2.3 (CommonLook Office)
- Resolved an issue with locales other than English.
Release 1.2.2 (CommonLook Office)
- Certain images not appearing or are resized.
- Certain borders not appearing.
- Unsupported tables.
- Issues in activation when certain system metrics may not be obtained.
- Data table editor does not work correctly when .NET extended is not installed.
- Application doesn’t work in locales other than English.
- Issue in Linked Headers.
- Bookmarks are created nested according to their nesting levels (ones corresponding to an H3 are nested inside ones corresponding to H2).
- Added a Meta data checkpoint and included Meta data in the generated PDF.
Release 1.2.1 (CommonLook Office)
- CommonLook Office-generated files are now detected by CommonLook PDF 4.2.4 and CommonLook Clarity 4.3.2.
- Improved documentation, including instructions for Office 2010.
- Support for Windows 8
- Rotated images do not display correctly in the generated PDF.
- Some fonts are replaced even when installed on the machine.
- Deleting content while going through the Wizard causes exceptions.
- Some lists are not tagged correctly.
- Some elements not tagged as figures even though they are marked as Figures and alternative text is provided.
- Certain WMF objects are not generated correctly.
- Rotated text not generated or tagged correctly.
- Some tables fail to generate.
- Max Text Length for Form Fields is not maintained between verification runs.
- Wizard hangs while processing documents with hidden form fields.
- Background color is sometimes generated incorrectly.