PDF Validator - Latest Version 1.10.1
Release Date: November 19, 2020
- Fixed tabbing issues across the application panels.
- Fixed an issue with locales that use the comma as a decimal point.
- Fixed an “Index out of range” message when users try to change the status of checkpoint result using keyboard while a screen reader is ON.
- Fixed an exception when users try to verify certain documents against HHS (2018 Regulations) and/or Section 508.
- Fixed an issue where the application closes when users try to verify certain documents against HHS (2018 Regulations) and/or Section 508.
- Fixed an issue where the application incorrectly shows spaces as different characters in certain documents on the logical view.
- Fixed an issue where screen readers do not read the shortcut keys letters across the application.
- Fixed an issue where some of the shortcut key letters were missing.
- Fixed an issue related to Link Destinations checkpoint incorrectly complaining about broken links.
- Fixed an issue in Standards tree, where users using screen reader may not realize they have selected multiple standards.
- Fixed an issue in Standards tree, where screen readers do not announce that the standard menu is collapsed (if applicable).
- Fixed tabbing order in the verification buttons of the Standards panel.
- Fixed tabbing order in the Edit Checkpoint Status window.
- Fixed an issue where users are unable to open the Status combo box in the Edit Checkpoint Status window.
- Fixed an issue in Standards > Reset results confirmation dialog, where dialog contents are not read by screen reader.
- Fixed an issue in Standards > Reset results confirmation dialog, where tabbing order was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the focus is lost after changing checkpoint status.
- Unable to close table editor if it has focus.
- Screen readers unable to read navigation bar functions names correctly.
- Screen readers unable to read meta-data panel elements correctly.
- Fixed an issue where users unable to know where the focus is in results panel.
- Fixed an issue where focus is lost after users use “Active tool windows” window.
- Fixed a selection issue for results panel.
- Fixed an issue where screen reader do not identify the application when users use ALT+TAB to move between applications in Windows OS.
- Fixed a minor selection issue in the tag tree panel.
Free PDF Validator plugin sent via email after filling out this form.
NOTE: Validator only works in a Windows environment unless you use Parallels on a Mac.
COMMONLOOK PDF VALIDATOR CHANGELOG
PDF Validator Version 1.9
Release Date: June 8, 2020
- Fixed validation issues where checkpoints used to complain about untagged popup annotations.
- Fixed wording for the Warning statement of WCAG 2.1 Guideline 2.5 Input Modalities.
- Fixed an inconsistency between description and behavior for WCAG2.0 & WCAG2.1 Guideline 1.3 - Link Annotations.
PDF Validator Version 1.8
Release Date: September 23, 2019
This version needs to be updated manually (uninstall 1.7 or any other previous version) and install this version. This version will not be available through automatic updates due to an issue with the automatic update feature introduced in 1.7.
- Rebranded CommonLook Validator:
- Changed the software icon.
- Changed the splash screen.
- Included “AA“ for the WCAG standard in reports.
- Improved the performance of standard validation for specific files.
- Fixed an incorrect “User Verification” message description for WCAG 2.1 - 1.3 Identify Input Purpose.
- Fixed an issue of not saving the report after validation.
- Fixed an issue for the PDF/UA standard where the Reference is not considered a valid child of the Lbl tag.
- Fixed an issue in detecting and fixing PDF/UA standard > 7.1 General > Placement Attribute in certain scenarios.
CommonLook Validator Version 1.7
Release Date: June 24, 2019
- Update CommonLook PDF Validator to the latest available version using our new Update Manager. Please refer to Help to learn how to use this new feature.
- Support for the WCAG 2.1 standard.
- Assigned shortcut Ctrl+F6 to open the properties pane for the selected element(s).
- If bullets in a list(s) are all using the symbol " o ", the application now recommends circle as list type instead of lower-alpha.
- Link Destination URL broken issue.
- Fixed wording issues across the application.
- Fixed an Old HHS standard issue of “not failing” documents when they do not have language defined.
CommonLook Validator Version 1.6
- Sorting all standards checkpoints and test names in Checkpoint Configuration panel.
- Adding file standard compliant checkbox options to the metadata panel.
- Fixing black screen showing after updating Adobe Acrobat DC 2019.008.20071
- Adding missing icon for Name destinations.
- Adding missing accessibility shortcut for Highlight color function.
- Changing Structural to ISO 32000-1:2008 in Checkpoints configuration panel, Standard combo box.
- Fixing Status button “Disable Issue” in report Results panel.
- Fixing spelling issues.
- Fixing an issue in checkpoints comparing heading text with bookmarks in right-to-left languages utilizing ReverseChars.
- Fixing an issue in complaining about leaders not being tagged in links of TOCIs in HHS 2018.
- Fixing an issue in complaining about bullets in list labels utilizing the Wingdings or Symbol fonts not having alt or actual text.
- Adding missing OCR checkpoint to the WCAG 2.0 standard.
- Adding missing shortcut for Highlight color function.