CommonLook PDF Validator
A 100% Free and Complete PLUGIN for Testing PDF Accessibility
Our free PDF Validator combines CommonLooks’ proven PDF technology and feature set into the perfect tool for testing and validating documents.
Fast PDF Verification – Assured!
Unlike other PDF verification products, PDF Validator provides users with a certification report for each tested document. Communications and compliance specialists can rest assured that their PDFs are compliant with accessibility standards. With other verification products, it’s not uncommon that documents will pass the tests, but still not be accessible and compliant.
- Works as a plugin within Adobe Acrobat
- Verifies and validates document compliance automatically
- Only PDF checker that tests against Section 508, WCAG 2.0 AA, PDF/UA and HHS standards
- Customize checkpoints to each standard, to meet organization’s accessibility needs
- And it’s Free!
PDF Validator Features
- View and Verify appropriate Metadata including Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Language, and Country
- Verify that the document will display the Title (not the file name)
- View and Verify accurate Bookmarks
- Check that fonts are properly embedded in the document
- Test that characters in text objects are mapped to Unicode
PDF Validator Workstation Requirements
IMPORTANT: Before installing the CommonLook PDF Validator, please ensure that the workstation meets the following minimal requirements.
- Windows 8 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat: Standard or Professional (Pro is Recommended), Acrobat X (10) or higher
Please be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully.
In addition, we strongly suggest you begin using CommonLook Validator with the instructions in the User’s Guide!
Important Note on the Auto Download
PDF Validator will automatically download to your default downloads folder after you submit the form on the right. PDF Validator is a plugin that works within Adobe Acrobat, not a standalone software app. Please read the instructions before installing.