CommonLook Clarity Version 184.108.40.206
Release Date: 11/12/2018
- Ability to create a domain by uploading a text file with PDF URLs for the application to discover/verify.
- Added the ability to validate partially protected files.
- Added “Select all” in Monthly and Weekly tasks.
- Added “Task Scheduling information” in the Tasks table.
- Fixed an issue when servers responded with 404 (broken link) to HEAD requests.
- Fixed deadlock issues while discovering/verifying certain domains.
- Fixed an issue in Clarity Service when validating corrupted files.
- Fixed an issue in Clarity Service’s refresh timer.
- Fixed an issue in tasks with the task monthly schedule function.
- Fixed an issue in displaying the months in monthly tasks sorted according to the month number, not alphabetically.
- Fixed a graphical issue in the “Processing” message in viewing/filtering task logs.
CommonLook Clarity (v. 220.127.116.11)
- Major performance improvement in Domain discovery.
- Major performance improvement in Resume discovery, especially for large databases.
- Major performance improvement for many checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue with the task status getting stuck on “running” when the user restarts the machine.
- Fixed an issue in scheduled tasks after a database engine restart or losing connection to the database.
- Fixed a CSS library source issue in the Task log report.
- Fixed an issue in threading in domain Discovery.
- Fixed an issue in the Username field in Manage Users.
- Fixed an issue in the Password field in Manage Users.
- Fixed an issue in the User Role Name field in User Role.
- Fixed a graphical issue in the Advanced Overall Compliance report.
- Fixed test name issues in the HHS (2018 Regulations) standard.
- Fixed a Checkpoint Configuration issue in some standards.
- Fixed an issue when the user creates a text file domain.
- Fixed an issue when a file redirects to a PDF file.
- Fixed an issue in deleting very large chunks of data
CommonLook Clarity (v.18.104.22.168)
- Added Standard HHS (2018 regulations) to Clarity.
- User role name duplication issue in User role page.
- Expand / collapse issue in PDF Producers report.
- Standards selection issue in Sources and verification tools report.
- With resuming discovery in tasks.
- “Share with” issue in tasks page.
- With verification files for certain domains.
- Domain Pass/ Fail report had inaccurate results.
- With FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standard)
- In the Link Destination checkpoint in IS 32000-1 2008 – incorrect result for certain cases.
- Minor bugs.
CommonLook Clarity (v.22.214.171.124)
Enhancements / changes:
- Installation in Windows authentication mode now includes the ability to run under a Managed Service Account.
Manage User Settings:
- When creating / editing user, the Administrator can set the user type as follows:
- Set as Super Administrator.
- Current Database: the user will be created to the current database used.
- Multiple Databases: the user can be assigned to multiple database with same / different user roles.
- Delete user button moved inside the user profile.
- When creating / editing user roles, the Administrator can set the role type as follows:
- Current Database: the user role will be assigned to the current logged database.
- Global: the user role will be assigned to all databases, also for all new databases will be created on the future.
- Specify databases: The Administrator can assign the role to specific databases.
- The following permission(s) are removed from user role(s) page and can be controlled only by a Super Administrator:
- Manage users.
- Manage user roles.
- Incorrect behavior for (Number of users) filter in Manage users.
- Incorrect behavior for User column sort when changing database in Manage users
- Missing confirmation message when removing user.
- WCAG 2.0 files are not displayed on Advanced report.
- Test Domain filter gives incompatible results with discovery engine.
- Fixing Domain Filter case sensitive URLs.
- Wording and spelling issues.
- Minor bugs
CommonLook Clarity (v.126.96.36.199)
- Domain filters: A parent folder will be included if the added URL ends with a file.
- Domain filters for case sensitive domains are also case sensitive.
- Changes in Delete schedule functionality for better performance.
- Removing database permission from User role to avoid several issues.
- Spelling issues.
- PDF Discovery Issues (In some cases, the domain PDF discovery number was incorrect).
- Fix activating Databases issues: if only one database in the application, and it expired, super admin could not reach it to activate it again.
- Fix the repeated expiration message in Event Viewer.
- Fix user role permissions regarding Dashboard.
- Error regarding delete domain filters.
- Fix Domain filter icon broken link.
- Fix minor issues in reports (mostly spelling).
- Fix database creation issues if database created from SQL Server.
- Fix issues in sorting Domains on Creation date.
- Fixing other minor issues.
CommonLook Clarity (v.188.8.131.52)
- Improved performance for the entire application.
- Support for ISO 32000-1, Section 508 (2001 regulation), WCAG 2.0 AA, PDF/UA and HHS standards.
- Support for maintaining/reporting on historical data.
Note: with these upgrades, including supporting WCAG 2.0AA, PDF/UA, and HHS, CommonLook Clarity has become CommonLook Clarity GlobalAccess. For brevity, it’ll still be referred to as just CommonLook Clarity.
Graphical User Interface:
- Completely redesigned responsive graphical user interface supporting mobile devices.
- Fully WCAG 2.0 AA compliant.
- Create Domains based on:
- Root URL,
- directory Text file, or;
- any directory accessible from the server.
- Limit your scan to a set number of PDFs or set it to unlimited.
- Filter folders out and allow additional folders or groups of folders using wildcards.
- Create configurations to customize checkpoints controlling their behaviors and selectively enabling/disabling checkpoints.
- Create Tasks on a single domain or multiple domains.
- Associate Tasks with a Configuration.
- Tasks can be Discovery only, Discovery and Verification, or Verification only.
- Discovery tasks can:
- Resume a stopped discovery.
- Rerun a discovery.
- Verification tasks can:
- Run a full verification.
- Run an incremental verification.
- Run Tasks Immediately, or schedule to run:
- Weekly, or;
- Select standard(s) to run. Standards supported are:
- ISO 32000 (including quality metrics such as broken links),
- Section 508 (2001 regulation),
- WCAG 2.0 AA,
- Support for 8 reports at varying levels of detail:
- Overall Compliance,
- Domain Pass/Fail,
- Domain Discovered PDFs,
- Domain Compliance,
- PDF Producers,
- Sources and Verification Tools,
- File Compliance,
- Advanced Overall Compliance.
For more information about reports, please refer to: Clarity Reports
- Ability to navigate between reports, drilling-down/up.
- Create reports based on one or more Task runs, thus allowing comparisons between runs at different times.
- Create graphs to visualize different values within a run and compare runs.
- Save reports as WCAG 2.0 AA compliant HTML.
- Print Reports.
Users and User Roles:
- Support for 3 built-in user roles (Super Administrator, Organization Administrator and Application User).
- Support for Custom Roles
- Create Users, assign users to roles.
- Ability to share Domains, Tasks and Configurations with other users.
View an overall status of the latest tasks on all domains the user has access to, enabling to drill down to other reports.
- Create widgets to display the current status for a single domain, or an aggregate status of multiple domains over a single standard or an aggregate of standards.
- Create widgets to compare historical data such as:
- Last vs. last week,
- Last vs. last month,
- Last vs. last quarter,
- Last vs. 6 months ago,
- Last vs. a year ago,
- Last vs. a certain run,
- Runs within a date range.