With over a decade of experience writing software to make PDF files accessible, CommonLook’s CTO, Ferass Elrayes, has served as a Subject Matter Expert on the US Committee for PDF/UA (ISO 14289) since 2006.
Experience with Section 508 Compliance
CommonLook has focused on delivering accessible content solutions to federal agencies and contractors since 2003.
Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates®, or “VPATs,” are a US Federal government-required statement of the features and capabilities of software relevant to users with disabilities. The purpose of VPATs is to encourage software vendors to ensure their products are as accessible as possible within the context of the product’s operation.
Past Performance with the Federal Government
Since 2003, CommonLook has provided software and services to a wide variety of federal agencies, including:
- United States Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- US Department of Education (DoE)
- Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)