Creating a List (QS-11)
The text under the heading “Participating Vendors:” is presented in a list.
Tip: It might be helpful to zoom in on the list in the physical view to make selecting the list items easier.
- In the physical view (not in the tag tree), highlight the first bullet in the list,
- In the Insert Tag Tab on the Ribbon, in the List Group, select <Lbl> (Label).
- Repeat this process for the rest of the bullets in the list.
- In the physical view, highlight the text in the first list item (Bosse Speakers),
- In the Insert Tag Tab on the Ribbon, in the List Group, select <LBody> (list body).
- Repeat the steps above for the remaining list items. Important Note: Do not select all of the bullets at once, or all of the text from the list at once and then choose <Lbl> or <LBody>. Otherwise all of the bullets/text will be placed in one tag that is selected.
- Scroll up in the tag tree, if needed, until the first <Lbl> tag can be seen.
- Click the arrow to the left of all of the <Lbl> and <LBody> tags to close them.
- Scroll up again in the tag tree, if needed, to locate the first <Lbl>,
- Click on the first <Lbl> tag
- Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the first <LBody> tag,
- In the Insert Tag Tab in the Ribbon, in the List Group, choose <LI> (list item).
- Repeat the process with the remaining <Lbl> and <LBody> tags putting one of each inside a new <LI> tag.
- Scroll up in the tag tree to locate the first <LI> tag,
- Click on the first <LI>, hold down the Ctrl key, and click on the other <LI> tags in order down the tree.
- In the Insert Tag Tab in the Ribbon, in the List Group, click List. An <L> tag is created with the <LI> tags inside it.
- Because the newly created List is inside a <P> tag, Click on the <L>, right click, and choose “Level up.” This places the list directly below the H2 for “Participating Vendors.”
- Do another Full cleanup. Refer to the section on Cleaning Up Empty Tags, if needed.
- In the Physical View of the document, highlight the text that is in the list (do not highlight the heading, just the bullets and the list text),
- In the Insert Tag tab on the Ribbon, in the “Generate Tag from selection” Group, choose List. (List is immediately to the right of the button that was used to generate a table in an earlier section of this guide.)
- Close the List (using the left arrow on the keyboard or by clicking on the arrow to the left of the <List> tag in the Tag Tree),
- Left click and hold on the <List> tag and drag it underneath the <H2> for “Participating Vendors:” in the Tag Tree and release the mouse button. Tip: Another easy way to move the list out of the <P> tag that it was created inside is to right click on the list and choose Level up – OR press Ctrl+P on the keyboard.
Tip: It would be helpful at this point to do another “cleanup” to remove empty tags. Refer to the section on Cleaning Up Empty Tags, if needed.
Follow the links below to view the pages in this Getting Started Guide.