The following figure illustrates the components of the CommonLook Office GlobalAccess panel. This panel is displayed, by default, to the right of the MS Word or MS PowerPoint window when running the software to create an accessible PDF.
When CommonLook Office GlobalAccess is launched, the Current Checkpoint panel shows the first checkpoint applicable to the document or presentation. The simplest way to use CommonLook Office GlobalAccess is to click through the tasks following the instructions until all checkpoints are completed and a PDF document is generated. Refer to the CommonLook Office Overview for MS Word or the CommonLook Office Global Access Overview for MS PowerPoint for more information on this process.
The CommonLook Office GlobalAccess Panel contains the following features:
- All Checkpoints Tab: This tab lists all of the checkpoints supported by this version of CommonLook Office GlobalAccess for the standard that was chosen when opening the software. Bolded checkpoints are those applicable to the current document (presentation); non-applicable checkpoints are marked as such. Select a checkpoint, then click on the Current Checkpoint tab to view the tasks for that checkpoint. Click the Preferences Tab to view and set the checkpoint’s preference settings.
- Current Checkpoint Tab: This tab contains the tasks pertaining to the current checkpoint.
- Checkpoint Preferences Tab: This tab lists preference settings relevant to the selected checkpoint or category of checkpoints.
- Instructions: The user actions required to pass the checkpoint. Click on the More link at the top of the CommonLook Office GlobalAccess panel for detailed information about each checkpoint.
- Task Buttons: Click on the next/previous buttons to proceed through each applicable checkpoint in order, task by task.
- Applicable Checkpoint Buttons: Click on the next/previous buttons to move to the first task in each applicable checkpoint, skipping any remaining tasks in the current checkpoint.
- Generate PDF Button: Clicking on this button will cause CommonLook Office to generate a PDF immediately without passing the remaining checkpoints. Warning! PDF files created without passing all checkpoints may not be accessible or in compliance with accessibility standards/guidelines.
- Generate Report Button: After running the document (or presentation) through the checkpoints, clicking this button will create a report documenting that the PDF will be compliant with the standard chosen when launching the software.